who we are
The Education Foundation of the Summit is a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization with an all-volunteer group of parents and community members dedicated to supporting the public school students and teachers in Summit County. The Foundation recently celebrated it five year anniversary with the largest amount ever awarded to teachers for their innovative and creative projects. Founded in 2010, the foundation has expanded its support of public school teachers and students in Summit to include Eileen Finkel Innovative Teaching Awards each year, partnership and grants to school PTAs, scholarships to high school seniors, and collaboration with schools and community groups to increase opportunities for students, Prek-12, in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics).The foundation has raised over $300,000 since 2010.
Education Foundation 2015-6 Highlights
The Education Foundation of the Summit was named the "Outstanding Community Organization for 2015" by The Summit Foundation. Other successes supporting our mission were:
- Golf FORE Education and Trivia Night Fundraisers
- Reading and literacy - Author's Visit and Reading Projects
- STEAM (EFS participation on district committee and summer engineering camps
- Two scholarships awarded to SHS seniors
- Chromebook scholarships to Snow Peaks High School seniors and two $500 scholarships to students id'd by staff for academic achievement and community service
- Fall 2015 Annual Parent Leadership Forum on School Fundraising
- Directors met with PTAs to support their programs
- Support for the local Coats and Clothing for Kids program
L-R: Paul Finkel, Nell Wareham, Brad Piehl, Aurora Santos, Kyle Spencer, Bonnie Ward,
and Dr. Heidi Pace, former Superintendent during The Summit Foundation awards ceremony.
When you shop at Amazon or City Market, they'll give a percentage to us! Please click here to learn more.